1 week 4 days....

Time dwindles like the sand in an hour glass, and the nearer we get to our departure the more worth every moment carries. The culmination of all of this is upon us and in a few short days  5 guys most of which have never officially met will land in Alaska with eyes set on a mountain that bears more heartache than pleasure but offers a chance to view ones own soul through the reflection of the frozen world we will embark on.

One could only assume that the feelings, thoughts and emotions that precede a climb are all relative. Am I prepared for this, what am I missing, where is my list, do I need this, can I afford that, why am I bringing this, can this be any heavier,  I am nuts, is this edible, what am I thinking, will I be missed, how many beers will I not consume while I am gone, how much weight will I loose, is THIS edible, what will it be like on the top, what if we don't make it to the top......... and the list goes on and on ultimately ending with the questions that are pushed out of your mind faster than they came in, what if....

In light of recent accidents on Denali one is faced with the reality of how real this is, we take our lives in our own hands and ignore the human instinct of self preservation for the chance to stand in a place most in this world would never. It would be hard to imagine why each and every person climbs Denali but one can only assume that its because we are nuts and on that I can agree.

All of this however does have its benefits as expedition member Sam found out first hand the other day. In opening his front door he was pleasantly surprised to find a package from Just Tomatoes Etc. who have generously supported The Snowmelt, so if nothing else we will be sitting in the cold grubbing down on some amazing organic snacks compliments of these guys! Check em out they have great stuff!


And like the  guys at Just Tomatoes Etc, we also wan to thank everyone who has been involved in this project from helping facilitate everything from the climb to the positive work we have been able to do with SGWA you guys are amazing and when we get back I will photoshop a picture of each and every one of you on Denali with us(this will be at your request lol) . We would also like to invite you to hit the like button on our Facebook page or follow us on this blog as we will be giving dispatches on our Denali progress as often as possible. Thanks again, till next time.